College Highlights and Selected National Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report- named Florida State University the most efficient high quality university in the country for the second year in a row (2013, 2014). The university's value ranking rose from 42nd among public universities to 40th, evidence that Florida State combines an outstanding education with economic value.
- Princeton Review- Florida State consistently delivers an affordable, high quality education and offers distinctive opportunities to engage its students. In 2012, the Princeton Review and USA Today ranked Florida State the 4th "Best Value" public university in the nation.
- The Journal of Criminal Justice Education- ranked Florida State's College of Criminology and Criminal Justice No. 1 in the nation for faculty research.
- The graduate program in interior design was named No. 1 in the nation by "America's Best Architectural and Design School," 2013.
- U.S. News & World Report, "Best Graduate Schools," 2014 edition, ranks the School of Information's school library media program No. 1.
- Numerous other programs at Florida State University rank in the Top 5
Leading the State of Florida
- Florida State University leads Florida in four of eight areas of external funding for the STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Leads in Rhodes Scholars, claiming all three of the Rhodes Scholars from public universities in Florida since 2006. Highest percentage of alumni giving back than any university in Florida. Highest amount of National Science Foundation research and development expenditures in the state. College of Law is the No. 1 law school in Florida with the highest job placement and one of the highest passing rates on the Florida Bar Exam.
Visit FSU Highlights
to read more about our students, nationally renowned faculty, college highlights, and selected rankings.